The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Obesity is calling for the Government to take a new approach to tackling obesity through prevention and treatment.
The particular policy objectives of the Group are:
• To work with external stakeholders to develop an optimum patient pathway for obesity;
• To run a parliamentary campaign to change the way the NHS views, manages and treats obesity promoting the new patient pathway;
• To place a focus on the prevention of obesity;
• To generate a public policy environment where it is recognised by politicians and the NHS that obesity needs to be prioritised;
• To create a call for joined up commissioning that addresses all aspects of obesity and creates a pathway that delivers value for money.
The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Obesity defines active members as parliamentarians who seek to join the APPG.
Eleanor Smith MP
Labour MP for Wolverhampton South West
Eleanor joined the Group in July 2017 upon her election to Parliament, and was elected at Co-Chair in October 2018.
Andrew Selous MP
Conservative MP for South West Bedfordshire
Andrew was elected Chair of the Group in February 2018. He is also a member of the Health Select Committee.
Professor the Baroness Finlay of Llandaff
Baroness Finlay became an officer of the Group in July 2017. She is a vocal advocate of healthcare issues within the House of Lords.
The Baroness Jenkin of Kennington
Baroness Jenkin has been an officer of the Group since early 2016.
The Rt Hon the Lord Warner
Lord Warner has been an officer of the Group since early 2016.
The Baroness Walmsley
Liberal Democrat Peer
Baroness Walmsley was elected as a Vice-Chair of the Group in May 2018.
Jim Shannon MP
DUP MP for Strangford
Jim was elected as a Vice-Chair of the Group in May 2018.
The Rt Hon Pat McFadden MP
Labour MP for Wolverhampton South East
Pat joined the Group in July 2018, and was elected as a Vice-Chair in October 2018.
Rachael Maskell MP
Labour/Co-operative MP for York Central
Rachael joined the Group in June 2018.
Funding & Benefits in Kind
Source: PB Consulting
Description: PB Consulting is paid by grants from Novo Nordisk and Medtronic to act as the Group's secretariat
From: 18/07/17 to 17/07/2018
Value £s in bands of £1,500: 25,501 to 27,000 band